It turned out really nice so I'm sharing some info on how we put it together.
The pieces were fairly easy to get together. We picked up a set of black angel wings and a white angel robe from a costume store. Also some long white gloves. Finally a grey long sleeve shirt.
I used black wings for better shading. I sprayed them with a coat of stone textured spray paint.
The original plan was to dye the robe. This ended terribly as it came out a weird greyish purple. Not good. Finally I found some fabric paint from Michael's that did the trick. A generous coat of equal parts matte black and white and are robe was a nice grey.
|Left - Dye fail. Right - fabric paint worked great|
To give a more stone-like look, I borrowed a technique from my RPG miniature painting: dry brushing. Mix a lighter shade and dip your brush/sponge in and then wipe off most of the paint. Then lightly brush the raised areas to create a nice shading effect. While I'm at it I gave the same paint treatment to a piece of rope for the waist.
|The painted robe. With some of the drybrush highlights applied.|
The hair was made with grey yarn sewn onto a wig cap. Mom had to do that one, as I have no skills.
Her school (and myself for that matter) aren't keen on big masks that obstruct your vision, so we went the makeup route. A set of fangs and we're done! Though I do wish I could have found a grey set.
|First coat of face paint. Had to slab it on pretty thick.|